The benefits of working for us
The nature of the Academy makes any role inherently rewarding; our jobs come with a range of benefits and personal and professional development opportunities.
Generous Benefits Package
Our diverse job opportunities include a generous benefits package that includes many features that are hard to find in the private sector:
- Competitive salaries
- 30 days annual leave (pro-rata)
- Teacher staff: Access to the Teachers Pension Scheme where applicable.
- Non-teaching staff: A contributory pension scheme containing an 8% contribution by the Academy
- Life Assurance scheme
- Free car parking within a location close to Exeter City centre
- Tax relief on your childcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free eye tests
- Professional development courses supported by a generous Academy wide training budget.
- The opportunity to gain BSL qualifications up to level 3.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay provisions.
Since education is a fundamental element of the Deaf Academy, we naturally care deeply about the career and personal development of our staff. There is a vast range of opportunities available to our staff to ensure they progress personally and professionally during their time at the Academy.
As an Academy employee you’ll benefit from:
- A structured induction programme, to make you feel welcome and part of our team.
- An annual performance and development review, to help identify your career aspirations and structure your individual development plan;
- Training seminars courses geared to the skills required for specific roles.
- Mentoring opportunities to support your career development;
- Diverse job opportunities, giving you great flexibility in choosing a career path to suit your changing interests and ambitions.
- The opportunity complete professional qualifications i.e. Teacher of the Deaf and Level 5 in Health and Social Care, which are geared to specific roles.
- The opportunity to study British Sign Language (BSL) up to Level 3.
Exeter Deaf Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Exeter Deaf Academy is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its students and staff.